Click HERE to submit your application for the Educator position at the Columbus Campus.
JOB OPENING: COSMETOLOGY EDUCATOR, COLUMBUS CAMPUS
The Salon Institute, TIGI Creative School, seeks to add an experienced, positive, high-energy educator to our team of cosmetology instructors at our Columbus Campus in Lewis Center, Ohio.
Reports to: Education Director
Hours: Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; some extra hours, evening or special events may be required
Role Overview: Salon Institute educators take ownership of properly training students in Salon Institute education and prepare students to take the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology examinations.
He or she should lead by example and make sure all students have a phenomenal educational experience while providing exceptional guest services. They are required to deliver quality Salon Institute education promptly and accurately with enthusiasm; understand and show competency and confidence in all aspects of the Salon Institute curriculum; mentor and encourage students, cultivating a positive experience for each student what leads to student success.
In Student Education —
• Explain, demonstrate and showcase the Salon Institute methodology and terminology
• Mentor and encourage students, keeping them on task with daily requirements
• Reinforce to the students daily the importance of re-booking clients and selling retail
• Share your own experiences to explain and reinforce to students the need to develop healthy habits in entrepreneurship that will set them up for success in the salon environment
• Develop professionalism in each student, including teaching them the importance of presenting themselves in a professional manner in their dress and appearance, their speech and their actions, and teaching them the importance of being prompt and having a positive attitude
In Guest Experiences —
• Guide students in providing exceptional guest consultations and results for every service
• Listen to, understand and consider all guest needs and trends
• Handle and help resolve guest service concerns when needed
• Presents a positive attitude at all times
• Aggressively looks for solutions to difficult situations
• Skilled in team building and creating a co-operative work and learning environment
• Displays strong communication skills with peers and students
• Valid Ohio State Board of Cosmetology Instructors License
• Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week with a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends. Occasional overtime and overnight travel may be required
• A team-focused attitude with exceptional and proven leadership qualities
• Ability to communicate effectively with the Salon Institute team members, students and guests.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Columbus Campus Academy Director Brittanie Reichardt at [email protected], or use the form on the right hand side of this page.